Careers with Vintage Woodworks
Vintage Woodworks is BC’s heritage millwork supplier. Our specialty is providing restorations products for historic windows, doors, mouldings and brackets storefronts and the manufacture of new wood products that can match heritage design while meeting environmental concerns.
We use materials with both new and old techniques to proudly stand behind our products. We have studied methods of millwork shops from years gone by and learned that quality craftsmanship that can last a lifetime. At Vintage Woodworks Inc. we are committed to quality workmanship in historical millwork.
Why Join Our team?
- We believe in paying our employees for the work they have put in. This includes previous experience!
- Vintage Woodworks has been in the industry for almost four decades!
- Receive full benefits after three months of employment.
- We provide growth opportunities and performance reviews so you may see where areas of improvement are needed.
- Most work is done inside our heritage woodworking shop!
(2 positions available)
*Please no phone calls*
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who has strong hand skills, is organized, and has experience in solid wood construction. You have a passion for the trades, and display a high work ethic.
If selected, you will work amongst our team specializing in providing manufacturing and restoring products for historic windows, doors, mouldings and brackets. You will work with materials using both new and old techniques and like us; you will proudly stand behind our products. You will have the opportunity to be trained in the methods of millwork shops from years gone by and will experience the quality craftsmanship that can last a lifetime.
If you have the requirements listed below and want to work in a family-oriented environment surrounded by people who truly care about what they are doing and pride themselves in producing the highest quality product in the industry.
- Familiar with through mortice and tenon joinery
- Solid wood window and door construction
- Rough lumber breakout and preparation
- Able to accurately work and layout in imperial measurements
- Glazing in both thermal and traditional single glazed products
- Understanding plans and blueprints
- A keen eye for detail
- Good math skills for working out measurements and the ability to follow technical plans.
- 3+ years related experience in basic carpentry is an asset
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, etc.
Knowledge and skills to work on the following equipment:
- Upcut saw
- Table saw
- Straight line rip saw
- Radial arm saw
- Chain chisel morticer
- Chop saw
- Thickness sander
Please submit your resume through email@example.com
Bookkeeper – Part Time
(24-28 hours a week)
Flexible Schedule (Shifts can be shortened Monday to Friday or a selected 3 days a week)
Overview of Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of our General Manager and Owner, this position will work closely with our leadership team and oversee the financial operations of Vintage Woodworks and our Holding Company books.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this role will change and be altered to match the needs of the business. The current key responsibilities of this role is overseeing the department, completing assigned tasks/projects, contributing to the business strategy and future planning within finance and other departments, identifying concerns and trends and reporting these to the GM and Owner.
This position is a position of trust and will be expected to exhibit discretion, accuracy, honesty and manage confidential information. This is a key financial role which works closely with our leadership team.
Additional Job Responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
- Lead the financial obligations of the organization with accuracy while maintaining deadlines.
- Display business savvy and contribute to business strategy meetings.
- Full Cycle accounting
- Preparation of the books for tax accountants both Reviewed and Notice to Reader
- Prepare and provide financial reports by analyzing and summarizing account information and trends as requested. Analyze costs, productivity and revenue data and prepare reports for management.
- Work with management to generate annual and multiyear budgets.
- Accurate and timely governmental reporting for GST, PST and payroll to ensure deadlines are met and maintained.
- Expert-level knowledge of Accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and other financial management functions.
- Year-end tax preparation and filing.
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and banking reporting requirements. Read and understand these requirements; ensure adherence and file required reports as necessary.
- Advise management on best practices, improvements/changes and areas of concern.
- Execute on the daily bookkeeping activities.
- Maintain records of financial transactions, identify errors, and rectify.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accurate recording.
- Maintain and balance the general ledger, prepare the trial balance and reconcile entries.
- Oversight of all banking and finance activities.
- Negotiate lines of credit and vendor agreements, as well as reviewing all financial contracts, financing agreements and insurance policies.’Bank Deposit as scheduled and needed and ensure effective cash management forecasts.
- Organize and maintain all relevant records in the appropriate company files.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to work with and contribute to a small to medium-size business.
- Strong command of Sage and QBO
- Strong command of accounting practices and efficiencies
- Skilled at in-depth financial analysis and providing financial perspective and opinion
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement changes to policies and standards as required
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically, forecast and fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Uphold the strictest level of confidentiality
- Be accurate and thorough
- QuickBooks: 3 years (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (preferred)
Please submit your resume through firstname.lastname@example.org