Careers with Vintage Woodworks
Vintage Woodworks is BC’s heritage millwork supplier. Our specialty is providing restorations products for historic windows, doors, mouldings and brackets storefronts and the manufacture of new wood products that can match heritage design while meeting environmental concerns.
We use materials with both new and old techniques to proudly stand behind our products. We have studied methods of millwork shops from years gone by and learned that quality craftsmanship that can last a lifetime. At Vintage Woodworks Inc. we are committed to quality workmanship in historical millwork.
Why Join Our team?
- We believe in paying our employees for the work they have put in. This includes previous experience!
- Vintage Woodworks has been in the industry for over four decades!
- Receive full benefits after three months of employment.
- We provide growth opportunities and performance reviews so you may see where areas of improvement are needed.
- Most work is done inside our heritage woodworking shop!
Project Sales Coordinator
Location: Head office
The Project Sales Coordinator (PSC) will play a key role through the sales and coordination of their residential projects. Managing their client base, this position provides end to end residential customer service.
The role reports to our General Manager (GM) in our Victoria area head office. The GM is responsible for the overall operations and production within Vintage Woodworks.
The role will take sales direction from the VP Business Development (VPBD) and will assist the VPBD to increase and expand residential sales and provide all manner of support to this position.
The position has the overall responsibility for the set-up, scheduling, tracking and completion of specified job/projects. Sales shall include, but not be limited to residential windows, doors, mouldings and various walk-in/call-in customers.
Under the direction of the VPBD, the PSC is the primary contact for the client and is responsible for securing project information, providing advice, budgets, administration, invoicing, ensuring payment is timely, while updating and maintaining the project status while in consistent communication with the client and its representatives. The PSC successfully manages multiple projects at any given time.
The individual in this role must be excellent in meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while working in a safe, reliable and quality conscious manner. You will be responsible for meeting these timely deadlines within material budget estimates. You are a skilled communicator with a diverse approach, which allows you to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including the client, trades people or client representative.
The GM and VPBD holds you accountable to these tasks, and you will work closely and in constant communication to bridge the sales role with production and operations.
The person in this role works in a team environment, is proactive, exhibits extreme work ethics, strong administrative skills, loves to work with people, and presents themselves as an ambassador for Vintage Woodworks.
- Client Relations and customer service
- Residential site visits
- Prepare quotes, follow-up and sales for projects
- Use of Joinery Hardware software (training to be provided)
- Project coordination from inception to completion
- Set priorities and schedule timelines
- Preparation of work orders
- Ordering and managing project specific materials
- Production coordination management of assigned accounts
- Project quality
- Ensuring projects ready for pick up/ship to meet clients’ deadline
- Invoicing and payments in Quickbooks online
- Tracking progress and reporting key deliverables
- Intercompany communication
- Client Communication
- Presenting budgets
- Client development
- Day to day office duties
- Presents self as an ambassador of our company
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to converse, professionally with a diverse group of individuals
- Acts as a liaison between the Vintage Woodworks and client
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with our clients, team and all stakeholders
- Follows through on their word, under promises and over delivers
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience as a Project Coordinator
- Experience in construction or trades is desired
- Secondary education in Project Management is an asset (PMP)
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- JMS and/or CAD drawing an asset
- Understand principles, methods and techniques of project management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Quickbooks knowledge an asset
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain long term relationships
- Team Player
- Strong time management and organizations skills a must
- Ability to make sound decisions, remain calm under pressure and use independent judgement
- Must have a car and driver’s license in good standing with driver abstract
Please submit your resume through email@example.com
Bookkeeper/ Admin Assistant
Overview of Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of our General Manager, this position will work closely with our office team and will support the financial operations of Vintage Woodworks and our Holding Company books. This role will also be responsible for a number of administrative tasks which support our operations.
This position is a position of trust and will be expected to exhibit discretion, accuracy, honesty and manage confidential information. This is a key financial role which works closely with our leadership team.
Additional Job Responsibilities (include and are not limited to):
- Fulfill the financial obligations (in a bookkeeper capacity) of the organization with accuracy while maintaining deadlines
- Execute on the daily bookkeeping activities
- Analyze costs, productivity and revenue data and prepare reports for management
- Accurate and timely governmental reporting for GST, PST and payroll to ensure deadlines are met and maintained
- Accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and other financial functions
- Maintain records of financial transactions, identify errors, and rectify
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial, and banking reporting requirements. Read and understand these requirements; ensure adherence and file required reports as necessary
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accurate recording
- Maintain and balance the general ledger, prepare the trial balance and reconcile entry
- Some oversight with t banking and finance activities
- Complete general office administrative tasks including completing forms and applications, research, filing and correspondence etc
- Compile work orders
- Deposits and final invoicing
- Update: WIP and Project Modules based on production progress
- Moulding quotes
- Follow up with customers and stakeholders
- Assist with special projects
- Assist with procurement
- Quotes for special shipping deliveries
- Organize and maintain all relevant records in the appropriate company files
Qualifications / Skills:
- 3 Years of similar experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work with and contribute to a small to medium-size business.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks online
- Understanding of accounting practices and efficiencies
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement changes to policies and standards as required
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically, forecast and fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Uphold the strictest level of confidentiality
- Be accurate and thorough
Please submit your resume through firstname.lastname@example.org