Careers with Vintage Woodworks
Vintage Woodworks is BC’s heritage millwork supplier. Our specialty is providing restorations products for historic windows, doors, mouldings and brackets storefronts and the manufacture of new wood products that can match heritage design while meeting environmental concerns.
We use materials with both new and old techniques to proudly stand behind our products. We have studied methods of millwork shops from years gone by and learned that quality craftsmanship that can last a lifetime. At Vintage Woodworks Inc. we are committed to quality workmanship in historical millwork.
Why Join Our team?
- We believe in paying our employees for the work they have put in. This includes previous experience!
- Vintage Woodworks has been in the industry for almost four decades!
- Receive full benefits after three months of employment.
- We provide growth opportunities and performance reviews so you may see where areas of improvement are needed.
- Most work is done inside our heritage woodworking shop!
We are looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff, production scheduling, budgets and operations of Vintage Woodworks.
You are: A seasoned leader, a mentor, an achiever and strong at getting the task accomplished.
General Manager Responsibilities include and are not limited to: formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise.
Your experience allows you to; make sound decisions, build and lead a successful and engaged team, create or improve processes, provide training tools and schedules, manage; production flow, inventory as well as purchasing, and quality of workmanship.
Ultimately, you’ll help our company grow and thrive along with our leadership team.
If selected, you will work closely with the leadership team and play a part in business planning and development. You will play an active role in developing the team along with training tools, processes and advising on best practices.
As General Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the production team to meet required schedule and accrual targets. You will be required to work independently and as part of a team of professionals whose common mission is providing quality product and service to our clients and the community, preserving architectural history.
As a General Manager you will also be responsible meeting production targets and managing relationships with employees. The position requires flexibility of character, strong negotiating skills, cooperation, and excellent communication skills.
Internal – work closely with the Project Leaders to manage customer requirements and workflow. Provide appropriate and precise production information to the management team. Communicate effectively with the production team to ensure efficiency. Ensure schedule requirements are updated.
Monitor production department efficiency.
Coordinate and provide holiday relief work.
External – Establish positive working relationships with Vintage Woodworks clients and customers, sub-trades, and members of the Vintage team. Communications occur in person, by phone, by email, and by mail. The position requires excellent interpersonal skill when dealing with employees and other representatives in the woodworking or construction industry.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Project schedule for production floor
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
Requirements include and are not limited to:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
5 years experience working in manufacturing
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- An understanding of lean manufacturing
- Performance management experience
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Solid wood experience an asset
- Knowledge of door and window construction, installation and functionality would be an asset and is not a requirement
- Experience planning and developing processes
- A keen eye for detail
- Manage workflow to meet deadlines and budgets while upholding the highest level of quality
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Reliable and motivated with a strong work ethic *
- Computer skills and the ability to use a variety of computer applications (MSOffice Suite preferred)
- May be subject to a Criminal Record Check
Please submit your resume through the Indeed job posting.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who has strong hand skills, is organized, and has experience as a labourer or glazier. This role will be trained to help with our paint booth team and delivering our product to Vancouver. The successful applicant will have a passion for the trades, and display a high work ethic.
If selected, you will work on a variety of tasks on the property and in the shop including glazing, masking, cleaning finished product, load and unload our delivery van, exterior maintenance and clean-up.
If you have the requirements listed below and want to work in a family-oriented environment surrounded by people who truly care about what they are doing and pride themselves in producing the highest quality product in the industry, please submit your resume through this job posting.
- 2 years’ similar experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Technically inclined
- Experience with hand tools and saws
- Ability to do the physical requires of the position (heavy lifting, pushing and pulling etc.)
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Using hand tools: 3 years
- Painting: 1 year
- Glazier: 1 year
Please submit your resume through the Indeed job posting.