Wood Storm Windows
Vintage Woodworks produces 1000’s of storm windows each year.
Our storm windows are manufactured using quality solid Douglas Fir that go to homes and commercial buildings throughout North America. Each of our storms protect the windows and provide warmth and comfort throughout the year. They can be ordered with opening arms to enable you to open your windows and your storms so you never have to remove your units through the year.
Storm windows offer thermal efficiency without the cost which is only one of the benefits you will get with storm windows from Vintage Woodworks. Other benefits include:
- Reduced heat loss
- Eliminate drafts
- Reduced sound transference
- Increased security
- Reduced U-value
- Choice of glass types for added seismic upgrading or low E coatings
- Solid Douglas Fir
- Through mortise and tenon joinery
- Opening hardware means you can leave them all year long
- Aesthetically appropriate for your home
- Exterior or interior storms
- Easy to use and offer protection to your heritage windows.
- We also offer thermal storm windows double paned for additional performance
- Vintage Woodworks storm windows are approved by the Provincial Government, BC Heritage Branch, Vancouver Heritage Foundation and Victoria Heritage Foundation.
JoineryHardware.com is our sole supplier of Storm Window hardware. Their collection of storm window hardware will help you make your storm sash fully functional and easy to remove. Storm window hangers secure wooden sashes and screen sash frames to the window openings. Turn buttons are used to seal storm windows and screens from the outside. JoineryHardware.com window openers allow the storm window to be opened for ventilation, or fully locked from the inside of the building.
Please take a moment to browse our web pages to see some of the wonderful, exciting and at times world class projects we have worked on throughout the years.