Residential Wood Windows
Vintage Woodworks has restored, replicated and manufactured thousands of residential wood windows since we opened our doors in 1980.
We specialize in historically accurate wood windows including:
- Single hung, double hung, triple hung
- Awning and Hopper
- Picture windows
- Curved, oval and segmented head top windows (various shapes)
- Sash replacement with either new or restored single glazed or new thermally efficient double glazed sash in restored jambs
- Residential storm windows both single glazed and thermal (see storm windows)
- Solid kiln dried VG Douglas Fir (other species optional)
- Through mortise and tenon joinery (which surpasses any other joinery technique or performance characteristic found in dowels or stub tenons). Through mortise and tenon joinery is called for by Heritage Consultants.
- Solid wood jambs – no inserts, metal tracks or vinyl liners
- Concealed counter balance with use of historically accurate pulleys, weights, ropes/chains or spiral balances
- Solid Douglas Fir one piece sills with historical 2nd sill
- Restoration of jambs, and sash with options such as restored sash or new thermally efficient sash in restored jambs
- Variety of lite patterns with True Divided Lites (TDL)
- Upper double hung sash include historically accurate horns to match the historical profile of the original construction
- Proven process including an assigned Project Coordinator to ensure accurate and accountable project management throughout your project.
Please take a moment to browse our web pages to see some of the wonderful, exciting and at times world class projects we have worked on throughout the years.